Happy Friday, folks!
Another week of fall, here and gone. I have to tell you though, it hasn’t been feeling much like fall here in Chicago. It’s been 75 and beautiful almost every day this week. And if I know anything about Chiberia, this is very out of character for this stubborn city. But I’m not complaining, next week we’ll probably have snow. So there’s that.
Today, I’m coming at you with five things that I am really diggin’ right now…
- This gorgeous couch we just bought a bit ago from Crate and Barrel. We had searched long and hard for THE couch. Once we saw this beauty, our search ended. It was love at first sight. David even gave it the ‘ol “Feet up and relax” test right in the store. It’s the most perfect Football Sunday couch. NAP CITY, KIDS.
- This adorable recipe box from Paper Source. I feel like a real tangible recipe organizer is so old school, all the cool kids are using Pinterest and all those interweb things. But there’s something so cool about handwritten recipes to me! My mom has plenty of recipes from her mother, and I love looking at recipes in my mom’s handwriting. I’m a sucker, what can I say? Not to mention I HATE cooking while trying to follow a recipe on my phone or iPad. Just the food on the screen, the stupid device will lock, it’s just a hassle. Paper never failed anyone!
- This moisturizer. All about it. I got a sample of it and just devoured it. Just in time, too, before Chicago winter rears it’s ugly fricken head and my skin turns all reptile-like.
- My new diffuser. So many people SWEAR by essential oils and I wasn’t so quick to jump on the bandwagon. I just didn’t see how a few drops of this oil is supposed to magically heal all my ails. And I’ll be honest, I’m not sure I’m still totally on board. But! I have started incorporating a few into my daily routine, like Peppermint oil (for nausea), tea tree oil (for my hair), and lavender. I just bought a diffuser and I’ve started diffusing the lavender at night. I bought mine at Whole Foods, but I found the same one on Amazon. It could be my mind convincing me that the $50 I spent on the damn thing wasn’t a waste, but I think I’m sleeping better and I think it’s because of the oil. Either way, our bedroom smells like a field of flowers and it’s fantastic.
- This mug with an infuser! ‘Tis the season for tea…and all the coffee…and hot chocolate…and cider…and…okay, I’ll stop. If you know me at all, you know I love coffee and warm drinks. There’s just nothing cozier! It’s like a warm sweater hug in a cup. And if you know me at all, you also know I tend to exaggerate. Either way. This puppy has an infuser that fits right in it, which is so cool. But the mug is just as cool without the infuser, suitable for all your warm cozy sweater hug drink needs this winter.
Have a great weekend!