Hi friends! It’s been a little bit since I’ve been been here. It’s been a really strange six-ish weeks for me. I’ll be honest, Election Day threw me for a loop. Like a lot of us, I think I really had to spend some time regrouping and processing. For me, that looked like a lot of wine and mac and cheese. Sue me. I don’t think I’m the only one who would say that 2016 has sucked. But enough with my whining. Now that I’m crawling out of the hole I dug for myself in November, I’m really excited to be back. I promised myself that I would not let hate win. And what better place to prove that than my little blog? This is a place where I feel good, and I hope others do, too. I want this space to be all about what makes us happy. Whether that’s talking about mental health, healthy habits, face masks or Netflix, this is our space for all the good things and loving on each other.
So since I’ve been gone, here’s what’s been happening…
- The Cubs won the World Series, and it was so fun. This city was absolutely bonkers and it was amazing.
- I’ve decided to put grad school on hold. I put so much thought into that decision, and decided this just wasn’t the time for me. I won’t go into it much more, but I really feel good about it.
- David and I spent Thanksgiving in St. Louis with his family and it was so great. I have to tell you, I would move there in a second. His parents live in Clayton, and it is just the absolute coolest area. We spent the weekend eating, eating with family, couching, and more eating. And it was wonderful.
- Netflix graced us with six more hours of Gilmore Girls…and I died. It was so much fun going back to that world, one I grew up watching. I would be a big fat liar if I said I didn’t cry at least…the whole thing. It took me more than a week to watch it because I just didn’t want it to be over.
- I got a haircut and it’s awful. I give myself partial blame, I went in there and said “I need different”. And oh, I got different. It’s the Rachel. I look like Rachel Green circa ’99. SO BAD. So I’m just downing my vitamins hoping that my hair will grow itself back to normal. That’s how that works, right?
- I have gotten all of my Christmas shopping done. Yeah, you heard that right. And for those of you who know me, now is a good time to pick your jaws up off the floor. I am the worst procrastinator, especially when it comes to gifts. I just always want to find the perfect thing for my favorite people, and I just keep searching and searching before I pull the trigger. And by then, it’s 5 days before Christmas and I can’t stand the thought of going out into the mall insanity so I end up paying $400 in shipping and it’s BRUTAL. So I switched things up this year and I am officially done.
- Speaking of holiday spirit, I’ve already watched 15 Hallmark Christmas movies and have about 18 more sitting in my DVR reading to go. I’m up for the challenge.
This is my absolute favorite time of the year. It’s so magical. I know you’re probably rolling your eyes right now, but it really is for me. It brings everyone together and there just seems to be a little more kindness flying around. I need Christmas right now. I’m so excited for the next few weeks, we have so much fun stuff coming up. Can’t wait to share!